Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Family Zoo Trip


My best friend from high school was in town from Baltimore and we planned a trip to the zoo. Unfortunately due to the weather John's Cross Country meet was moved to the Friday we had planned so we didn't get to see everything we wanted to see at the zoo and the kids were crushed. Luckily my grandma was coming into town the next weekend and she was up for a trip to the zoo. She had never been our zoo so it was something she was looking forward to. So my grandma, Nicole and her kids and our kids all went to the zoo. We had one very scary incident where Lil John was separated from us in the aquarium. John thought he was following us as he went up the ramp with the stroller by the penguins and I thought he followed John. I had been doing head counts all day and as we were watching the penguins I did a head count and there were only 3 little heads instead of 4. I panicked. I turned and looked at John and asked if he had him and he said no I thought you had him. We both started searching and he was only around the corner but I had never been so scared in my life. The poor little guy was hanging on to the rail right before the penguins saying he was lost. I grabbed him and gave him a huge hug and he kept saying you guys lost me. My heart was broken. Needless to say he was attached to me for the rest of the trip. I don't think I have fully recovered from it. It was a very long day and the kids were exhausted for a couple days after. I think today is the first day they have been back to "normal".















Isn't she beautiful?!? This is Lil John's favorite part.



This is Elizabeth's favorite part of the zoo. She loves Polar Bears!



I love this! He looks so serious.


This picture is for you mom!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just some random pics...



He is getting so big so fast! :(


Look at his little tongue! Too cute!


This is SO Elizabeth!


We had a nice rain the other day. No lightning or thunder which almost never happens so the kids got to play in the rain!



John got to go to the park with me while his sister was at school. He had such a great time!
He kept talking about going there for his birthday with his Uncle Nick. So good job Nick! He really liked being there with you!

Love the hair! This picture doesn't do it justice it was so funny to watch his hair stand up and the second he touched the ground it would go back to normal.

1 comment:

  1. I love our zoo! Thank you for the elephant pics. Hopefully, my foot will be healed by next summer and we can go together. I love the pic of you all together in the aquarium.

    ReplyDelete