Wednesday, June 30, 2010

My life is changing!

I am so excited to announce that I am now a stay at home mom!!! We ended up going to Labor and Delivery on Sunday night due to contractions that just wouldn't stop and kept getting worse. I am only 36 weeks pregnant so still too early for me to have this baby. So they pumped me full of IV fluids to try and rehydrate me but I was still contracting and dilating. Turns out I am now dilated to 4 and 80% effaced. Eventually the contractions slowed down enough that the next morning they felt comfortable sending me home. I went in for a follow up check up and the Dr said we need you to make it at least 1 more week to be full term so I have been told no more work!! I am still having contractions through out the day but that is normal for me and I'm really trying hard to push fluids to keep the contractions at bay. I am so excited that we are actually going to make it to the month I am due this time! Our goal is to make it past the 4th of July b/c that will officially make me 37 weeks and then they won't try and stop my labor after that and then it's all in God's hands! The kids are so excited that they no longer have to go to daycare and can stay home with me. Now I need to figure out a schedule for them so they don't get bored and I don't go crazy!  

2 comments:

  1. We're praying for you guys!! Can't wait to see your new little one and to hear of his/her safe arrival.

    Love, Aunt Connie & Uncle Mike

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! We need all the prayers we can get! Just 3 more days and it will be considered safe for the baby to arrive. Lets make it past the 4th!!!! Love you guys too! Ash

    ReplyDelete